- Adjustable Height Foot-Ring
- Patented "live back" technology
- Amazing ergonomic comfort
- Refined, iconic design
- Natural Glide System
- Pneumatic seat height
- Adjustable arms
- Fabric seat and inner back
- Black plastic outer back, frame, and base
Overall Width 27
Overall Depth 22 25
Overall Height 40 1/2 48 1/2
Delivery Weight: 48 lb
The Leap chair was developed based on the finding of four years of research, 27 scientists, 11 studies and 732 test participants. Out of this research came important discoveries about how people sit, leading to advanced seating technology.
The Leap chair's back moves as your back moves. Its arms move as your arms move. Its seat moves as your seat moves. It's the first chair that actually changes shape to mimic and support the movement of your spine.
This model of the Leap is perfect for people in need a stool that don't want to sacrifice ergonomics for the extra height.
Ergonomic features of the Leap chair include:
a. Live Back
The Leap chair's back changes shape to support the entire spine. This can reduce the chance of lower back sag and a hunched posture, which may weaken disc walls, stress back ligaments and cause deterioration of the spine.
b. Thermal Comfort
Thanks to slats in both its back and seat, and the special foam it uses, the Leap chair offers excellent "breathability". It effectively controls a balance of heat and moisture so you stay comfortable.
c. Adjustable Seat Depth
People don't fit neatly into average body sizes. Leg and torso lengths can vary independent of a person's overall height. Adjustable seat depth accommodates different body shapes for long-term comfort.
d. Lower Back Firmness
Lower back firmness control enables you to set a constant amount of firmness to help maintain your lower spine's natural curve.
e. Height, Depth, Width, and Pivot Arms
Arms telescope in and out, move forward and back, pivot and adjust up and down so you can find a natural position that comfortably supports the wrists, forearms, shoulders and neck.
f. Natural Glide System
As you recline, the seat glides forward so you can recline without leaving your Vision and Reach Zone, so you stay oriented to your work. This encourages more varied postures so there's less static load on the spine.
g. Flexible Seat Edge
When you recline or lean forward, the seat edge flexes to relieve pressure on the back of the legs.
h. Upper Back Force
Upper back force control enables you to set the amount of "push back" that you desire as you recline, regardless of body size. So you'll receive just the right amount of recline support.
The Leap chair was designed with your well-being in mind. It was also designed with the planet's well-being in mind.
Working with McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC), we re-examined the materials and processes used to create our top selling chair. MBDC analyzed all materials in the Leap chair for their impact on human and environmental health according to their strict protocols, as well as identifying any materials that didn't meet their scrutiny. The Leap chair contains no PVCs, CFCs, solvents, chrome, benzene, lead or mercury. Through steps we've taken to evaluate and improve the Leap chair's environmental performance, Leap has received Silver Cradle to Cradle Product Certification from MBDC.
A few more environmental facts about Leap:
- The Leap chair is up to 98% recyclable by weight, depending on the options selected, and made of up to 30% recycled content.
- Leap manufacturing uses powder-coated paints, water-based adhesives and VOC-free manufacturing processes.
- The cushioning in the back upholstery is made from 50% post-consumer PET (for example, recycled plastic soda and water bottles) and is 100% recyclable.
- To reduce packaging waste, the Leap chair is blanket wrapped (not boxed) for domestic shipment. And throughout the manufacturing process, our suppliers use reusable parts containers to further reduce waste.
- Through implementing leaner manufacturing processes, we were able to reduce the amount of manufacturing space used to produce Leap by 74%, resulting in a significant reduction in the amount of energy used in production.
- The Leap chair is designed for a long life. To ensure that happens, back cushions, seat assembly, arms, and lumbar support can be added, changed, or replaced at any time.
- Leap is SCS Indoor Advantage certified for indoor air quality.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 08 April, 2010.